1. It would not have been a good idea to meet at the parking lot. This is because the other person most likely would get there believing that they were going to fight. This would put the defendant in a potentially dangerous situation that could be avoided simply by not going to the parking lot. It would have been best to tell the other person that she wanted to talk and then schedule a place and time.
2. It seems the defendant has had a history of conflicts and altercations while attending public school. She has gotten in previous fights. For this reason, I believe it is best she distances herself from that environment and focuses completely on her studies and not her social life during high school.
I do not believe that a parking lot is an ideal choice to settle an argument because there is no one around to secure and control the envornment.
As for the second case, I believe that they made the wrong decision because a public school replicates that surroundings of a typical job and in order for them to be used to that enviornment they have to be used to the surrounding.
1.Yeah I think it is a good idea because she had said she blocked the other student SO she had no other way in contacting her.
2. I think it's better to attend a regular school because she probably might finish faster but maybe she won't get the same education as a regular school.
Case 1: In my opinion I don't think it was a good idea to go to the parking lot where they were supposed to fight one another because it seemed like she did want to fight.
Case 2: The defendant should attend to a normal high school instead of doing independent studies like she had chosen because she could get used to other people and try to control her anger.
Im not sure but if she was going todiffuse the situation then maybe but I honestly didn't believe that was going to happen.
She should go back to school so she can learn to deal with people in mature ways.
1) No because it would have led to something else, instead she should go to an adult and have someone be aware of the situation.
2) she obviously has problems and should take independent studies so girls "wouldn't be jealous" of her
Case 1. I don't think that it was a good idea for the two girls to talk out the situation in the parking lot where they had originally planned to fight.
Case 2. I think that she shoild stick to independent studies as she wishes because it seems like she doesn't get along with very many people and if she were to continue in a regular high school I feel like she would just continue to get in fights. I also feel she should other things that should keep her busy because doing independent studies gives her Alot of free time
Q1: No because it will just lead to an argument and then a fight it's not a good idea and the defendant should have had the talk somewhere in public.
Q2: I believe the defendant should attend regular high school because it will allow her to socialize and maybe finding a activity she might like in high school
Case 1: No, it wasn't a good decision from the defendant's part to go to the parking lot where they planned to fight. Since, the defendant went to the parking lot it's insinuating that she wants to fight. She should have done is texted or talked about the fight before even going near the parking lot.
Case 2: I think she needs independent studies because she needs time to work out her family situation. Figure out what she may want to do in the future.
1. I don't think it was a good idea for the defendant to go to the place where they intended to fight if she wanted to talk things through with the victim because by going to the place where they were going to fight, she knew that a confrontation was going to happen and she went regardless. The defendant and the victim agreed to fight at the place, not talk, so if the defendant wanted to talk, then she could've done things differently.
2. I think it would be better for the defendant to attend a regular high school instead of independent studies because by attending a high school, she will not only learn the course material required by the state, but she will also learn social skills that can help her in the future.
Case1: No, I believe she should have talked about it somewhere else because going to that parking lot only meant one thing, the fighting area. I believe the defendant could have settled a talk before going to the parking lot.
Case2: Yes I believe the defendant should attend a regular school because she needs to learn how to face her problems instead of running from them.
1. No I do not believe it was a good idea because by going to the parking lot it showed they did want to pursue in fighting in some way because no supervision was gonna be present.
2. I believe she should attend regular high school to be in the atmosphere of a public school. If she was having problems at the school with other peopl maybe the better idea could have been to transfer schools. By doing independent studies I feel like her education is being held back by not being in the classroom setting.
Case 1: I think she should not have agreed to talk to her in the parking lot that they were supposed to fight In because it could have led to the other girl believing that they were going to fight.
Case 2: I think she should attend regular high school so she can live with her grandma again.
Case 1: no I think not, it would have not been a good idea because there might be a temptation of fighting since they are in a sort of private place and no one can see them.
Case 2: independent studies is a lot better than going to a public school because she might be tempted or start other problems with other students
Case 1: I don't think it was a good idea for them to plan to fight because that just give the impression that they both want to fight, so both of them are at fault for it in a way.
Case 2: I believe that she should go to a regular high school because it's really what her grandmother wanted for her. She also has a futire ahead of her and she has a career in mind for what she wants to do in life and by doing independent studies it doesn't really help her in going to a good college.
Case 1: I don't think it was a good idea to go to the parking lot where they were supposed to fight. Maybe they could've talked over the phone or in person during lunch or something.
Case 2: I feel like the defendant should go to a regular school instead of independent studies because it would make her grandmother let her move back in and she would benefit more from going to a regular school than having independent studies.
Q1: If the defendant wanted to talk things out, I don't believe she should have not went to the spot where they were going to fight because the other girl might have thought she would have wanted to fight.
Q2: I believe she should just go to a regular High School because she might not keep up with their work.
1)I believe that it was not a good idea because it usually makes it seem that they are going to get into a fight. The other person may have thought that they were going to fight as well
2) I believe that the defendant should go back to a public school and get the high school experience. By doing that is she could be involved in more activities and extra curricular activities.
I don't think it was a good idea for the girl to meet up at the parking lot because that proves that she in some ways wanted to go on with the fight, I think she should've gone to a teacher.
I think the defendant should attend a regular high school because it's a better experience and her grandma wants her to attend a regular high school.
Q1: Since the defendant stated that she wanted to talk about their situation I don't think it was a god idea to meet where they were supposed to fight because the situation would have heated into a fight like it did on campus
Q2: I think the defendant should attend a regular school because he seems to cope better when she has something to do and distractor her. She had stated she enjoys helping with her grandmother so if she gets involved at a school she will be better off.
Q1: If the defendant wanted to approach the victim to settle things properly I don't think it would be appropriate for them to meet at the same place they were going to fight at. This could brought the message in which the victim believes that they might get involved in an altercation.
If the defendant wanted to talk to the victim about the situation like she claimed, she should have chose to pick a different location than where the fight was planned. The defendant should get her education wherever she will succeed the most, whether it be at a regular high school or doing independent studies.
Q1:I don't think they should have met where they were going to fight to talk because other students would encourage them to fight one another. The defendant should have told a teacher about the fight.
Q2: I think she should go to a regular school that way she could interact with students her age and so she can move back in with her grandmother instead of living with her other siblings.
Q1: I believe that if we ge defendant want to talk things out with the victim, I don't think they should've met in the same spot because that led or can lead to miscomunictions. They should've agreed to having a conversation and not fighting through a phone call.
Q2: I think she should continue doing independent studies because she needs time to focus on herself and her family issues. She should continue loving with her grandmother and everything will work out for her.
Q1. No this wouldn't have been a good idea because they would've been encouraged to fight and peer pressure is pretty strong.
Q2.yes the defendant should attend a regular school because it gives her the opportunity to socialize and make friends.
I don't think she should have told her at the parking lot I feel like she could have told her earlier to avoid all of this problem.
I believe she shouldn't do independent Studies because it is not the same as a public education I feel like she would get a better education if she went to a public school
Q1: I think it was a bad idea that their fighting in the parking lot because their will be people watching the fight and encouraging them to keep going of instead of breaking them apart.
Q2:Yes the defendant should attend to a regular school because she will meet new people and will forget about her old friends.
Case:1 No I don't believe that it was a smart idea to go to the parking lot where they were going to fight if the defendant wanted to talk about the situation, thing would only escalate.
Case 2: I believe that the defendant should attend a regular high school because it's what's best for her in her future development and her grandma also wishes she should attend a regular high school.
Q1: No because if they already had plans to fight, meeting at the designated point to fight would only escalate the situation. Especially after most of the school knew that they were gonna fight, meeting up at the spot they were supposed to fight with so many people around would only escalate the situation.
Q2: Yes, attending regular school and learning how to properly act with other students is a very important part of social development and learning. Independent studies might also only make the defendant feel worse, then trying to become part of the normal school community would.
1. The decision to meet at the parking lot was definitely not a wise one. Meeting at a place originally planned to fight at potentially indicates that the emotion or intention to fight can still be present. The two parties made an erroneous decision in choosing to meet there instead of somewhere neutral and more public.
2. I do think that the defendant will be more successful in a regular high school environment, since it seemed that the defendant was more content in that sort of environment.