1. I believe it would be beneficial for the defendants to return to Teen Court. It would be helpful to know that the program has helped people. At times it is difficult to see why Teen Court is better than an actual court. Knowing that the defendants have recovered and are somewhat happy would make it easier to visualize the benefits of Teen Court.
2. To improve Teen Court, I believe I would require anyone participating in the jury to have at least two questions already written down by the time they arrive. I would require the jurors to meet during lunch or some other time before the case to discuss the charges and information.
By hearing more about the cases
Q1: I'd personally like to see previous defendants again to see they're progress because it shows how we've helped them but it also rewards them for good behavior.
Q2: I'd like to make teen court better by increasing the amount of cases and meetings to twice a month instead of once. I'd also like to see more people on the jury.
It would be nice to see the end results of teen court.
I wouldn't know had to improve teen court
Q1:I would like to see them come back to see how they're doing and if anything has changed.
Q2:I would like to improve our teen court by trying to get more cases and to have more people attend them.
1. I think that the idea of bringing the defendants back to the teen court program to talk about how their probation went is a good idea because it'll show us as students the impact we have on these students' lives and the community. Furthermore, by getting feedback from the defendants, we will Kobe what works best when sentencing future defendants.
2. I would improve our teen court by advertising it more and giving it more credit. Even though the teen court program completed many impressive programs like winning in the video competition this year, I don't think that a lot of people knew about this and I believe that the community should know more about what these amazing students are doing.
Q1: Yes I would like to see them return to teen court to see how things been. Whether they learned there lesson and changed themselves to become a better person or if there still doing bad things, I would like to see if there is any progress at all to show me that I was helpful at Teen Court.
Q2: I wouldn't really like to change anything about Teen Court.
Q 1: I think it would be a great idea to bring them back to see if they actually improved and share their experience.
Q 2: I don't think teen court has to improve it is a really good program to be part of.
Q1.I would like the defendants to be brought back to teen court to talk about their learning experience that way we can see first hand if teen court really did change them for the better.
Q2. I think teen court can be improved by allowing everyone to get a chance to be on the jury and see how everything works instead of having the same people do it over and over.
Q1: I feel this will be a great idea it allows us students to see previous defendants how they doing and if we helped them in anyway
Q2: how I would improve teen court is by having mores cases and spreading the word of teen court having more people attend teen court
1)yes because we would like to see the success this program has brought to this community.
2) I would improve our teen court by making it more organized time-wise
Q1: Us as students would like to see that happening because we would be seeing how we have helped them and made them better.
Q2: The way I would improve our teen court is by asking more questions when there's a case.
Q1:yes because I want to know whether the defendant took away new values from their probation.
Q2: I would like to improve our teen court by having more cases a month and more people participating.
1. As a student i want for this to happen because i would like to see how the defendants are in life right now after completing their probation. I would like to ask them if we have helped them .
2. All i want for teen court to improve is to add more cases.
Q1: I think that is a good idea for the past defendants to come back because I would like to see if they actually changed after the probation or if they are Still getting into trouble.
Q2: I think teen Court is already doing a good job as it is but I think there should be more cases in a month.
Q1: I would love to experience their learning experience after Teen Court. See if Teen Court was truly helpful to them and how they are better because of it. If it didn't help them and we can see what the judges could have done better to help students with the same situation.
Q2: I would improve Teen Court by having practice mock trials. Having the jury for the real court practice before Teen Court starts. That way they know what to do as a jury, asking questions and giving their opinion for Teen Court trial.
1. I feel that this is a good idea because it allows us to see their progress. We will be able to tell if they have improved w/ their behavior or might continue on w/ the like of crime.
2. I would like to increase the amount of cases that could be delivered to teen court in order to allow more participation.
Case 1: I feel that what judge Rosales said about inviting the defendants back would be great because it shows how they improved their life's.
Case 2: I would like to improve teen court but having teen court session where the Audience can participate and elaborate on what they think,
Q1. I think we should bring back the defendants to see how they are doing so we can see the impact teen court had on their lives.
Q2. I would like to have more court cases with a month, instead of one maybe two times a month
1. I would like to see previous defendants return back because it shows the experience they had and if we really did make an impact on their life. It helps to show that we are actually making a positive difference in their life.
2. I would try to get the city to invest in making a bigger court room due to the amount of people that attend the trials. I believe this will be a good improvement for the city showing the investment we put into our community. Also meeting twice a month to cover more case would be nice.
Q1: Personally I would like this because it would be very interesting to hear about what they did and the steps they had to go through and to see if they got better behavior wise.
Q2: Maybe more teen court sessions. More chairs if they can.
Q1: I believe that inviting the defendants back to Teen Court once they have completed their probation not only helps them in reflecting on their past mistakes, but how they have learned since. It also helps the teen court members in making the best possible decisions about the way to handle the situation, from someone who has already gone through the teen court process.
Q2: I think the best way to improve teen court would be too add more members to the jury, this would allow for more voices to decide the fate of the individuals being tried.
Q1: I do believe it would be a great idea to bring back defendants because this would serve as a representation of a success story. These kids can serve as role models and encourage to the individuals who are just starting probation.
Q2: I would like to see teen court receive more cases throughout the month rather than just one case. i believe that we would be able to handle it.
I believe that it would be great to see the defendant again after he/she has completed the probation. It would be a good reflection to see if the defendant was able to learn from the punishments.
A great way to improve teen court is by maybe having the defendants come back.
1: I would like to see the defendants come back. It would be nice to see their progress and how much they have grown since their incident.
2: I feel like teen court should be twice a month.
Q1:I think bringing the defendants back to Teen Court once they've complete their probation would be a great idea to we can get feedback if our sentence was beneficial for the defendant
Q2: I would improve my teen court by having a better way to get people in so they not have to wait outside and also by taking more about the legal aspects of the crime during meetings.
Q1. I would agree with having some defendants come back and talk about their experience going through teen court and how the experience has helped them reflect on the decisions they begin to make. It could also help other students realize how one thing can possibly affect your entire life.
Q2. I think it would be nice to have more cases in a month to look at and maybe open up the questioning to the audience. However overall I think teen court has a lot of create things to it and the preparation students have is inspiring.
Q1: I would want to see the defendants to see what they learned from this experience.
Q2: Practicing questions more often and practice getting out of our comfort zone to ask questions more confidently.
Bringing the previous defendants back to teen court is a great idea. It would be interesting to see how far they've come along, whay they've learned along the way, and how much they've grown as individuals.
Q1:If previous defendants come back to talk about their experience they should talk to the other defendants about what they learned not just the entire courtroom. They can provide advice and insight to the new defendants.
Q2: We can improve teen court by getting members more involved with the cases and having the members participate in questioning more.
Q1: As a student I'd love if the defendants came back to talk about their experience. I'd be interested in hearing how the court session benefitted them and how they've improved/worsened.
Q2: I think we could improve our teen court by having more members.
Q1: I think Judge Rosales idea of bringing back the defendants to check up on their situation is a great idea. We get to see if they have improved and benefit from teen court and see if they have grown as a person.
Q2: I honestly don't think our teen court needs improvement because I feel like everything is organized and properly handled.
Q1: I think that it would be a good idea for the past defendants to come back because I would like to see if they actually changed after the probation or if they ignored the values trying to be instilled
Q2: From what I've heard and seen teen court is very well structured and should just be given more cases.
Q1:I do believe the defendants should be brought back in order for not only the jury but the whole court to see if the individual has actually changed and/or improved their lives due to the second chance they have been given rather than a criminal record.
Q2: If one thing should change about teen court it would be the amount of teen court there is, this is a very informative and interesting activity that it should be at least twice a month.
1. I would really want to see this happened , I think it will be a good experience in both ends and it's always good to see how they are doing .
2. Teen court is awesome already , we can always improve but I'm not sure how . It's just too good !